Monday, November 18, 2013

Grandparents and the Grand Coulee (7/13)

We found a Sonic to make my Grandparents feel like it was home.

I took them to read some signs about things people have done with water.
(I guess at the point the Sonic drinks did not convince them they were home.)

Then we posed by some water being used to produce electricity.

We were glad to find a bench and enjoy the view of the working  water.

The next day we took them to see an enormous example
of water creating electricity.


Another bench put to good use.

We had the best outdoor seating view at lunch.

Then it was time to visit the museum.



Every state sent a gallon of water to put into the lake after the dam
was completed.
(I have been dreaming about going to Hawaii for awhile now.)

Then we went on the tour.

(I am not sure why Grandma put her tongue out
at the girl taking the picture--maybe it was her continuous use of the word dam?)

Here we are on top of the dam.

Absolutely amazing!


After that--it was time to visit yet more water.

We went to pose by Hayden Lake.

Grandpa offered to help me get rid of my crazy tooth
as he had on numerous occasions.
I wasn't having it.

We took a little walk.



The Grandmas posed together.

Mommy convinced Grandma Joan to take
a walk on the floating boardwalk.
She was not a fan.
Maybe that's why they decided to go home?

No comments:

Post a Comment