Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Combining, Cleaning, and Cousins (7/13)

 
 Uncle Matthew was cutting wheat
 when I got to Kansas this summer.

  He took a break to let E. and I pose by the combine.

I spent some time in the cab supervising.

E. spent some time helping with harvest too.
Although--I guess she was more of a silent partner.

  
We did some indoor building.


We cleaned out the stock tank.

 Grandpa Marion was there as advice and counsel--
he claims to have years of experience in stock tank cleaning.



Little J. just oversaw the whole operation.

 We filled it up and the next day some cousins 
came to enjoy it with us. 

 
 
 It was cold.

 
 
There was an attempt to build a raft
which worked once we put the floaties inside it.

 Little J. and the stock tank expert enjoyed the
afternoon with an alternate activity.

 The stock tank was built in 1931-- the year Grandpa Marion was born.
It's where my Grandpa learned to swim and where my Mommy learned to swim.
What a lucky guy I am to get to swim in it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment