Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Grider Creek--Mother's Day Hike

For Mother's Day this year my Mommy wanted to go on a hike somewhere she had never been...
so we took highway 96 which follows the Klammath River
(neither Mommy or Daddy had been on it--so I needed a map to help them.)


Mommy and I by Grider Creek.

Here Daddy and I are looking at the creek before we found the trail.


There were a few hills Daddy carried me up.


Through the trees were sporatic views of mountains


We had to cross a little creek flowing into the big creek.
(My mother broke into singing "ford every stream..." as she is wont to do on such occasions.)


Here I am on the trail climbing a hill without any assistance from my Daddy.


We were not far along on the trail when we noticed the ticks on us...
I was very happy that there were no ticks on me...


After my Daddy and Mommy looked for ticks on me, we sat under the bridge and played in the water for awhile.


There were many rocks to throw into the creek.


Mommy also brought us snacks--which we ate on the tick free bridge.



This is one view from the bridge.

Here is another view from the bridge.
It was a very pretty place too bad it harbors ticks...
next time I hope my Mommy remembers our Deep Woods Off.

6 comments:

  1. what a perfect mother's day as long as you got the ticks off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was not tick free--one attached itself to the back of my knee...painful--what a Mother's Day present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can it actually attach to the back of one's knee? On the back of the leg behind my knee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you build a tick free bridge? I need one up at boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad jmlo has the opportunity to climb mountains and ford streams on Mothers Day--I spent mine in the hospital! What a beautiful hike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly Ranger. Ticks don't grow on bridges - that's just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete