Friday, July 15, 2011

OKC Zoo


On a hot June day Auntie M. took us to the OKC Zoo.


At the petting zoo--Auntie M was looking for the perfect shot.


Mostly--the goats were the only animals available to pet.
Maybe it had something to do with the heat?


(Yes--that is Auntie M's camera in the corner.)


The black goat was particularly easy to pet.



Don't worry I did not look into those evil eyes
and sign may name to any contract.


There were lots of bronze statues Erica
was forced to ride.


I think someone thought that it would make a great
photo.




I really appreciated the indoor exhibits.
This one of the hand was really unique.


There were these places where I got misted by water to
alleviate the heat.
(Don't worry Auntie M. did not ruin her camera.)


Here I am as a stork.
(Blame my Mom for the socks with the sandals...
She thought that would keep me from blisters.)


There were not a lot of animals outside because it was too hot.


Despite the heat--the tortoises were nice enough to pose with us.


You get to go into the cage of this bird.
(Cousin Jo told me that I needed to spend $ on nectar so they would sit on my shoulder.)


Yes--there even was a train.


We got to ride it around for awhile.



As we were leaving a stranger offered to take a picture of all of us--
wasn't that nice of them?


It really is a beautiful zoo.
We hope to make it back there after Drew's wedding.


Did I mention the heat?
The temperature according to the Auntie M's Outlook
as we were leaving the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment