Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Soda Mountain

On a beautiful Sunday in June--we took a hike up Soda Mountain.

There were pretty views and flowers everywhere.
I had trouble looking at the camera there was so much to see...
(Hopefully there will be more about the flowers in another post.)


On the last part of the trail Daddy put me in my pack and we hiked up a steep road...well it was not that steep for me as I just got to ride along.

It took us some time to climb the last little bit--but once we got to the top there were expansive views of the surrounding mountains and of course more flowers.


We climbed the stairs to the deck surrounding the look out tower
from there we could see for a long way...

I climbed up on the rail and had a nice long look.

We could see Mount Pitt--which still had snow on it.
It is that little white cone in the left side of the picture.

Then looking from another vantage point we could see Mt. Shasta...
It is surrounded by clouds in the middle of the picture.

I need to keep myself well hydrated on these mountain treks.


We then had to make our way down the mountain.
I rode on Daddy's back the whole way.

We had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment