Friday, July 10, 2009

Dismal Diamond Lake

When my Mommy put my winter coat on me--I guess I knew it was not going to be the sunny summer camping trip I had envisioned.
(That is not our boat--I do not think it is Penny's boat either...)

The only warm place at our campsite was the car.

There was also a nearby lodge we visited to get warm.
(The toys were not great but the Jenga game can be used as blocks in a pinch.)

We did go on one bike ride in the rain...with my plastic cover I was fine-- but my Mommy and Daddy seemed to think it was a little too wet.

The lake had a fine selection of rocks to throw in the water.

Bear is willing to swim in anything.

My Daddy made great campfires at night--where I got to roast marshmallows.

The campground also was an excellent spot for finding sticks of all sizes.

Finally on the last day we saw what the campground is named for--
Thielsen View
There was even some sun that last day and I was able to walk around in a fleece instead of a rain jacket or my winter coat.
(I should mention that this picture is artificially bright.)

No comments:

Post a Comment