Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sterling Ditch Tunnel


This is the beginning of the trail to the ditch tunnel. Daddy made me walk but I wanted to ride on his back.


It took us a long time to climb up to this spot and I was very tired.


Although the trail did not have enough sticks on it -- the view was nice.


It was so nice that we all sat down and enjoyed it.


We found a spot where there was a sign and realized we had not come very far...
Daddy decided he would carry me for awhile.


Look at this big tree. I did not know madrones got this big


We finally made it to the tunnel but it was too dark for us to actually try and climb through it.
(I do not want to question those who call this a tunnel but it was really more like hole in the ground.)


Daddy wanted me to walk some more...I did but I rested a lot too.


See here is proof of me walking...


However, the walking by myself did not last long and Daddy put me on his back again.


My Daddy carried me all the way back down to our car.
I like the views much better from Daddy's back.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, It is always better to be carried! This trail is wonderful and that tree is special...I want to have pretty places to hike.

    ReplyDelete