Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Voyage to the Center of the Earth


In my never ending quest for adventure and to seek knowledge I took it upon myself to have Dada carry me into the earth. I think I've seen everything there is to see on top of the earth, now I want to see what is in it. My theory is that it was filled with yummy, all-you-can-eat buffet kind of stuff. I was sadly mistaken.

Apparently this is where they store cold. Also, the big, bright, shiney, overhead orb isn't a part of this dark place. Combine that with scary miniature flying dogs and you have a recipe for, well, for a place I wouldn't want to live but a great place to visit. On the whole it was quite fun, especially the part where I got to pull Dada's hair and scratch his neck.

This particular dark, earth mouth seemed very large and as Dada was porting me along its length it came to places where the shiney orb was present and then went away as we went into another big mouth. But it came back.

JEO is describing an ice cave that we hiked through in Lava Beds National Monument in Northern California about two hours from our home. The cave he is describing is the remnant of a lava tube which, at various points, has caved in, giving to large open spaces of light. The cave then continues on the far side of the cave-in to the next cave in. - Editor

2 comments:

  1. JEO, you are just too cute! Those caves look fun and I know 2 boys that would have fun exploring them. Something else to put on list of things to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is much prettier than Alabaster Caverns...make sure those people put a jacket on you before you visit again!

    ReplyDelete